Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Beef Liver Pate Omelette

I am continuing to add beef liver about twice a week to my diet, by hook or by crook!  At times, I'm tempted to roll it in brown sugar and see if that will help.  Ok, that sounded like a better idea in my head...

Today, with some leftover beef liver pate that my husband made using this recipe, I made my breakfast.  By itself, it's tasty and, with some grainy mustard, I can almost forget I'm eating liver.  But it's meant to be served cold, and I need something warm for breakfast.  Hence, the beef liver pate omelette.  

I made my omelette like normal, using three cage-free eggs (still trying to source local pastured eggs for a reasonable price) and a good amount of butter from grassfed cows.  Then I put a big heap of the pate in the middle and let it warm up a bit between the eggs.  I give it four out of five stars.  

I also want to try this version soon, maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment